Once you have created an account, you can participate in the forum, and post comments to others’ posts without moderation. If you want to create posts on your own, submit a request through the contact form (sorry for this step, but spam has caused us to turn off immediately allowing free access to posting).
Here are the “local conventions” mentioned above!
- Don’t make your post titles (and certainly not your entire post) in ALL CAPS. The theme sets off the title in bold well enough (unlike FB).
- Use header tags (h1 through h6) for headers, like subtitles, not for just bolding some text in a paragraph. Anything put in a header tag will automatically be displayed on a line by itself.
- Don’t over-use bolding or colored text, like put your entire post in bold red to make it stand out, for instance.
Basically, your editor has an OCD need for all posts on the site to display in a consistent way. Anyway, on the front page excerpt, such formatting is stripped out anyway, so such attention getting methods don’t really work.
Option 1 (Recommended)
- Create a user account.
- Fill out a contact form with your (text) content
- Any images or attachments will have to be uploaded off-site (free file-hosting services), with the link to that file included in your message.